The votes are in....
31% take naps
25% clean
18% catch up on blogs
12% read
6% watch tv
6% other
I don't know why I've always been curious as to what other moms do during nap time. In a way I figured that we all did the same thing. I am NOT a napper. That doesn't mean I don't get tired and wouldn't LOVE to take a nap, but I'm always more tired after a nap then I am before so I figure what's the point. Plus, if I nap I have hard time going to sleep at night. I don't read, other than the occasional magazine. I'm not much of a tv watcher during the day unless it's 3:00 and then I might turn on Ellen. Life might be different if I had TiVo or DVR. Maybe it's a good thing that I don't. So during nap time I typically read peoples blogs and/or clean.
What's this other business? What do you do if your not napping, cleaning, blogging, reading, or watching tv?
Do you feel tired after a nap or is this a personal problem???
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I can't nap either. Jeremy says he doesn't want to hear about how tired I am unless I am doing my best to take a nap when I can. I don't know, it just seems like a waste of daytime time. Plus, I can never count on a good stretch, and it takes me a while to relax enough to sleep.
So that's a defense from a non-napper.
When I go down for a nap, I am OUT for 2-3 hours. When Haley was first born I took a few naps and just woke up when the kids did but usually I won't. I would rather have the alone time and not be awakened from my super-long siesta.
I don't nap either- if by some miracle I can get both kids to sleep at the same time, I'm usually sabotaged by one or both of them waking up after 15 minutes. Just long enough for me to fall asleep and be more tired than I was before I started.
camille- I'm the same way. If I DO nap it's gotta be a 2-3 hour nap. 1 hour naps dont do it for me.
amanda- If I'm in desperate need for a nap I put on a movie for the kids and go take a nap. Of course like you said those naps are usually interupted before I'm ready to get up.
all in all.... naps are pointless. I end up more tired and more upset in the end.
Post a Comment