I just waited a half hour for a show to load on my ever so slow computer and finally gave up when nothing happened. This is sooooo annoying! I have too many shows that I never get to watch. I'm sure you're thinking "why don't you just get DVR/TiVo?" Well I'll tell you why I'm having a hard time breaking down and getting it....
*Getting DVR means that we'd have to get REAL cable not this basic stuff which means we'd have ESPN (and anyone who has a husband who loves to watch, read, listen to sports knows what that would mean).
* We pay $10 a month for our basic cable which is all I want. I watch enough tv on those channels.
*It costs $60 a month to get DVR because we would have to get digital cable and I'm told that's their cheapest plan.
...We pay $120 a YEAR. With DVR we'd pay that much in 2 MONTHS. So due to those cons (yes, I making a pro's and con's list Michael) I don't think it's worth it. So my next option is to watch them online. This wouldn't be a problem if I had a normal speed for my computer, but it takes me 2 hours to watch an hour long show because the words get to fast for the picture or the other way around. My only excuse for not getting a faster internet connection is I'm cheap.
So I guess I am going to take it because I'm not willing to pay more money. What I would give to just have an old VCR. It would solve ALL my problems. Well except the one where I have two shows on at the same time and I'm not home to watch one while the other would be recording!!!!!!
Grrrrrr!!!
I would maybe give up my shows if I didn't already sacrifice most the other things I enjoy doing. It's the one thing I have to look forward to at the end of a loooong day.
Friday, October 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can record your shows for you...and you can come over and watch them here:)
You can get Dish network right now for like $25 a month (for 12 months) and then it's about $40 after that. You would have to deal with ESPN though...
I am also very willing to record any and all shows you would like to watch. You could come over after your kids go to bed or you could put them down for a nap over here and watch then. I am very flexible when it comes to tv. And you shouldn't have to give up everything! Especially when it's something so small and yet so enjoyable. I do understand your beef with cost though. It really is pretty rediculous.
Post a Comment