Friday, January 8, 2010

As Requested...

I'm posting my story about Cache's name on my open blog (minus his pics).

Cache- the boy with many names
So many of you are wondering who this Cache fellow is that I keep referring to. He sure looks alot like our son Aeden. Well that's because he IS Aeden. In late MAY of 2007, May 25th to be exact, we welcomed a handsome little boy into the world and our family. Chad and I both agreed on the name Aeden and were very happy with it. In fact we still are. I love the name Aeden. We knew that it was a fairly popular name, but that didn't bother us. Plus we were spelling it differently than most Aeden's we had heard of anyway. So from that day forward this new little baby boy was known as Aeden among all that knew him.... ..... well until lately. I would take him to the park to find numerous Aeden/Aiden/Aden's running around. I would take him to the mall play area and find that there were numerous Aeden/Aiden/Aden's running around there too. It seemed that anywhere we went other Aeden's were sure to be around. Which isn't/wasn't a problem until all the other moms are calling their Aeden/Aiden/Aden. It can get a little confusing and to be honest a little annoying. So to lessen the confusion for my own Aeden I decided to call him by his middle name, Cache, when we went to play area's. Then I started thinking that maybe we should just start calling him by his middle name all the time. It would be alot easier once he goes to school and is in a classroom where most likely half the boys in his class are named Aeden/ Aid.... (you get the point with all the other spellings). So we figured we'd change it now while he was younger and if he wants to go by Aeden when he's older than he can. So it began....... we started calling him Cache, as weird as it was and I even found it to be a bit sad. However, he's still my little Aeden and still gets called that quite a bit, but if you ask him his name he'll most likely tell you that it is Cache. As a matter of fact that is how we introduced him in our new ward. Which I'm happy about because it seems like there are sooo many Aeden, Kaden, Braden, Jaden's...... in this new ward. So now weeks later I've come to really like the name Cache. I think the name Cache is pretty GoRiLLa! So there you have it. That is why we changed his name. That's our story and I'm stickin' to it.

No comments: